This class is intended to sharpen basic observation skills and review the importance of basic investigative techniques and their proper applications which will allow us to be successful in one of the highest responsibilities in law enforcement, seeking justice for victims and their families.
- The four stages of handling a crime scene.
- Responsibilities of law enforcement upon approach and arrival at a violent crime scene.
- Recognition of signs of death and types of injuries.
- How to properly secure and protect a crime scene.
- Proper area canvassing methods.
- Legal authority regarding contacting and detaining subjects at a crime scene.
- How to avoid crime scene cross contamination.
- Recognition of threats to the crime scene.
- Legal issues pertaining to entry / processing a crime scene.